Electric Service Installation
This is a convenient checklist for Blachly-Lane members to follow
when installing temporary or permanent electrical services. It
is provided as a guide to assist you through some of the more general
aspects of new construction. If you should need further assistance,
please feel free to call our office at (541) 688-8711.
- A building and electrical permit may be obtained at Lane County
Permit Center located at 128 East 8th Avenue.
- Contact Blachly-Lane, located at 90680 Hwy 99, 688-8711, between
8:00 am and 4:30 PM to coordinate placement and approval of the
electric services. The following information is needed when placing
the service order with Blachly-Lane:
- Name, phone number, mailing address.
- Service address and Tax Lot #.
- Permit Number.
- Panel size, voltage, single or three phase.
- Overhead or underground service lines.
- Square footage of completed structure.
- Structure type and use.
- Heat & air conditioning source, type, and KW load.
- Hot water heater source.
- Electrician's name and phone number.
- Blachly-Lane's representative will meet you on the site for
placement of electric service. Blachly-Lane will provide a quote
for the cost of electrical service. When installation costs are
paid, construction will be scheduled. Your service request may
require an easement for new facilities. As a convenience, Blachly-Lane
provides the necessary form as well as a notary public service.
- For information on energy efficiency programs, contact our office at 688-8711. We offer Financing Programs,
Home Energy Reviews, Contractor Listings, Rebates.
- After performing your portion of the electrical work, you
will notify both the State Electrical Inspector (503-378-4133)
and the County Inspector (541-682-3823) to obtain the final electrical
- Once your service has received the final inspection approval
(Green Tag on meter base), you will notify Blachly-Lane for service
installation and/or hook-up.
- If not previously completed as part of Step Three, the customer
responsible for the monthly billing will contact Blachly-Lane,
90680 Hwy 99, 688-8711, between 8:00 am and 4:30 PM to initiate
a request for a service account. The request includes completion
of a membership application, a $5 membership fee, a $25 service
setup fee, and a satisfactory letter of credit from the previous
electric utility or a deposit.